Monday, May 26, 2008

a new blog... with a new purpose

I have decided to start a new blog. A while ago I started a blog called a "lovely disaster" to document my life. I planned on keeping it up to date while I was at school. Unfortunately it did not happen. However, I wanted to try again with a new purpose. I have always been creative but it just hasn't been as active since I have started college. However, during this summer I want that to change. So I am going to be actually starting up my etsy store in a little while once I get a bulk of stuff to put on it. I am excited and I think this will give me a better sense of purpose and feel better about what I am doing. So with that said this blog is going to keep track of my crafty endeavors as well as updates on my fun and crazy life. So here is where the story begins.

This weekend was a long one... thank goodness. I have recently started my summer job as a legislative intern working with the labor movement. It has been so exciting. I am already writing letters to the editor and legislative summaries. It is nerve wracking to be actually doing worth while activities that matter but I am really excited. It is definitely keeping me busy and making me feel I don't have much energy once I get home. I figure it is going to get easier the more time I am there. I cannot wait to see what this internship brings.

The weekend began with meeting up with some good friends at school which was a good time. Then on Saturday I relaxed. Sunday was a real fun day. My boyfriend and I were trying to come up with some activity to keep us busy. As with any town once you spend time in it, it gets a little boring. He knows I have been in a creative rut and that is making me cranky so he recommended we try painting. I was like why not but thought from past experiences that it would turn out ok. I was proven wrong. Here is what I created...









I am so excited with all of this. He helped me get my creative groove back and for that I am so excited. I plan on getting these into my etsy shop once I get it all updated again. I have many series ideas for the wood plaques like the one the cupcake is painted on.

Today, I went over to the ArtsFest and was inspired. I am so excited when I am surrounded by all kinds of art. I cannot wait to get on a roll of creating again. I have so many ideas so this is the beginning.

And for that reason alone I hope this blog goes better than the last...

No comments: